Google is now rolling out a conversion migration resource for you to essential your existing targets from Common Analytics to Google Analytics 4. You can accessibility this less than your GA4 configurations screen, in the Set up Assistant tab, beneath the Conversions area.
How it works. The ambitions migration tool permits you to promptly recreate suitable targets from your linked Universal Analytics residence as conversion activities in your Google Analytics 4 home. I personally do not see it however, but I suspect I will see the import device soon. Charles Farina posted screenshots of how it will work on Twitter:
How the tool functions.
For each and every eligible Common Analytics purpose you pick out, the aims migration instrument mechanically does the following in your connected Google Analytics 4 home:
- Results in a new Make celebration rule
- Marks the made occasion as a conversion
Common Analytics properties can have numerous different goal styles. These two intention sorts can be migrated making use of the tool:
- Spot purpose: When a consumer lands on a certain site, such as a “thank you” or “confirmation” web page
- Party goal: When a person triggers a unique party, these types of as social recommendation, movie perform, or advertisement click
The following sorts of targets can not be routinely migrated and won’t appear in the device: Pages/Screens per session goals, Period goals, Good plans, and any intention that utilizes normal expressions.
You can make up to 30 customized conversion situations for every regular Google Analytics 4 property.
How to use it: To use the plans migration tool, you want the Editor role on your account.
- In Google Analytics, click Admin.
- In the Account column, make absolutely sure that your desired account is selected. (If you only have one particular Google Analytics account, it will presently be chosen.)
- In the Home column, pick out the Google Analytics 4 assets that now collects information for your web site.
- In the House column, click Set up Assistant.
- Under Conversions, go to Import existing aims from your related Common Analytics assets, and click Get commenced.
- In the Import present plans from your linked property panel, pick which targets you’d like to recreate as conversion situations in your new Google Analytics 4 house.
- Click Import picked conversions in the leading ideal.
A affirmation concept will exhibit in the base still left of your monitor when your selected ambitions have been effectively recreated as conversion activities in your Google Analytics 4 residence.
For a lot more specifics on this import resource, see this support document.
Why we treatment. You can use this resource to most likely save you time not owning to set up your objectives from scratch in GA4. But make certain to read the help document cautiously to see what this resource will and will not import.