TikTok has occur a prolonged way from its origins as a cute lip-syncing application with a cult Gen Z pursuing. The limited-form online video sharing platform now has about three-quarters of a billion active customers worldwide.
And if you’re at all acquainted with the application, you’ve most likely listened to a good deal about the For You Web page (FYP). Considered the “holy grail” of good results on the application, receiving featured on the FYP can present several gains for your enterprise.
In this submit, we’re heading to address specifically what TikTok’s FYP is, how it advantages your business enterprise, and eight strategies to get on it so you can maximize your engagement and model exposure.
What is the FYP on TikTok?
The For You Site (or FYP) is the first web site buyers land on when they open up the TikTok app. It displays them a curated feed of video clips from creators they may well not follow, but that TikTok’s algorithm thinks they might like, dependent on their passions and earlier interactions. TikTok’s purpose is to maintain buyers there for a longer period with qualified material.
What is so great about the FYP?
It’s simply not enough to post terrific written content on TikTok and hope consumers will commence subsequent you. You require to get in front of large audiences and at the prime of your prospects’ minds—and landing on the FYP can get you there.
Finding on the FYP can assist you:
- Acquire a lot more followers: The FYP is the 1st issue buyers see when they open the application, so it provides tremendous exposure. And it’s specifically advantageous if you want to market place to Gen Z audiences and Millennials, as near to 70% of its consumer foundation is underneath the age of 39.
- Receive revenue: With much more TikTok exposure will come far more TikTok followers and additional sales. And the moment you reach the 10,000 follower milestone, you can also start off producing income from your videos with the TikTok Creator Fund.
- Win sponsorships: As soon as the algorithm begins pushing your written content out to a broader viewers, you will get started to be acknowledged as an authority in your area of interest. This could lead to paid sponsorships.
- Make product sales for your organization: Landing on the FYP will support you get extra follows and likes as effectively as improve model consciousness. And that can swiftly translate into additional profits for your organization.
- Develop your on-line existence: As soon as you have obtained FYP position, you can commence employing TikTok to redirect website traffic to your other platforms and construct your over-all on the net existence.
8 techniques to get on TikTok’s FYP
The algorithm TikTok utilizes to pick written content for its FYP continues to be shrouded in mystery. Nevertheless, there are various tactics you can use to make improvements to your possibilities of successful a starring function on the FYP stage.
Below are eight techniques to maximize your likelihood of acquiring showcased on the TikTok For You Website page.
1. Constantly publish at the appropriate time
It stands to motive that the far more you write-up, the higher the opportunity you have of getting your articles on the FYP you have bought to be in it to earn it.
Goal for 3 times a week, making up to every day posts. But never be tempted to article written content just for the sake of it. Make confident it is great high-quality and participating.
You also require to article at the right periods.
As engagement boosts your prospects of obtaining on the FYP, you ought to submit when your audience is on the web and completely ready to interact.
So how will you know when the finest instances are?
- Swap to a TikTok Professional account. Like using templates for meeting notes, the Professional account can make your life substantially much easier. With it, you can see the times and periods your followers are most energetic and engaged.
- Glimpse at the geographic destinations of your audience to make sure your time zone is aligned.
2. Use trending hashtags
Employing trending hashtags makes your material more possible to be picked up by the algorithm and, for that reason, boosts your likelihood of hitting the FYP. Just like Instagram hashtags, TikTok hashtags categorize your content and enhance your discoverability.
Intention for excellent, not quantity–choose 3-6 trending hashtags that are appropriate to your content material.
You can use #fyp and #ForYou, but there is no assure this will operate. Hashtags suitable to your content material and market supply a much better opportunity of good results with your TikTok promoting and will help you attract the proper followers.
For assist selecting hashtags, search for key terms relevant to your specialized niche and see what hashtags the most common movies are using or you can even rely on standard search term analysis from your Seo endeavours.
3. Article exclusive (and far better) content material
TikTok benefits significant-quality, partaking material. If your online video gets a great response, it is acquired a far better likelihood of ending up on the FYP. But how do you be certain your content material is a slash previously mentioned the relaxation?
To begin with, your online video and audio high quality must be top-notch. Most smartphones offer you High definition video clip, so it is simple to create superior-resolution video clips without the need of a major funds.
Get inspiration from other people but don’t be tempted to copy. Consumers enjoy exceptional content, so make absolutely sure your TikTok concepts stand out from the group. We’ve received plenty of thoughts in our guidebook to likely stay on TikTok.
Choose developments in a new course. Get resourceful and experiment with filters, stickers, and transitions. This will increase sights and engagement.
4. Make brief, engaging films
TikTok cares about completion costs. Generally, that’s how a lot of persons enjoy your video to the really conclude. The a lot more viewers that do so, the much more probably your articles is to get on the For You Site.
Video clips can be up to 1 moment prolonged, but the idea is that making your videos as shorter as attainable will enhance their probabilities of becoming viewed to the close. But once more, top quality is king. If they are brief, make confident they are still enjoyable, exciting, and engaging. Your primary goal need to be boosting their chances of likes and shares.
Experiment with different lengths to obtain what functions greatest for you.
5. Collaborate with influencers
Collaborations extend your attain, and if your partner reveals up on the FYP, you’ll gain as well. You can collaborate with creators in lots of strategies, which include duets and Stitches (we show you how to Stitch on TikTok in this article).
TikTok has the highest influencer engagement rate of any other platform. So you can leap the queue to the FYP by obtaining instant engagement when you husband or wife with TikTok influencers.
To get commenced, discover the most effective TikTokers and influencers for your campaign and agenda some time to chat with them, around the cellular phone, e mail, or even world-wide-web-centered conferencing.
6. Use trending audio clips or video consequences to increase discoverability
Songs performs a significant function in TikTok’s videos—think of audio and seems as hashtags.
Buyers can search for specific audio clips, sounds, and outcomes in the app. By working with trending audio clips in your online video material, you can increase your likes, responses, and sights.
How do you obtain popular appears to use in your videos?
Tap the ‘Sounds’ button and verify out the ‘Discover’ site for trending sounds, proposed sounds for your movies, and much more.
And you can help you save them as favorites to use later when you’re emotion impressed.
7. Compose short, exciting captions
You are restricted to 150 characters, so you need to focus on composing quick captions that include pertinent hashtags and that really encourage engagement.
Try out building curiosity-piquing captions like “Wait to see what comes about at the end”. This could raise sights and completion rates. You could also talk to a issue to spark viewers’ fascination. Or tease the information and facts you’re about to expose.
8. Use a hook to draw in your audience
The hook—the vital initial handful of seconds of your video—is like the headline of your TikTok content material. It will have to grab your audience’s awareness and make them want to watch until the conclude. Analysis common videos in your niche so you can tailor your hook to resonate with your goal audience.
In this article are a handful of killer approaches to start off your hooks that have been confirmed to improve views:
- Want to know the tricks to…
- I’m about to expose to you…
- The largest mistake folks make when…
Even so you craft your hooks, make certain they are customized for your audience. This will support boost engagement and your probabilities of hitting TikTok’s FYP.
Set your sights on TikTok’s For You Page
There is no surefire formula for landing your articles on the TikTok FYP, and the algorithm is regularly changing. But social media advertising and marketing traits point out that TikTok is getting a important participant, so you will have to be ready to improve its potential.
The terrific matter is that you don’t need to have loads of followers to get on the FYP. And if you attempt out these eight hacks, you’ll appreciably improve your prospects of securing your spot.
- Continually article at the most optimum time
- Use trending hashtags
- Write-up unique (and superior) content material
- Create quick, partaking films
- Collaborate with influencers
- Use trending audio clips or movie consequences
- Publish brief, interesting captions
- Use a hook to draw in your audience
About the author
Jenna Bunnell is the Senior Manager for Material Advertising at Dialpad—an AI-integrated, cloud-hosted, unified communications process that delivers valuable phone particulars for small business proprietors and revenue representatives—with useful resources like these product sales coaching ideas from Dialpad. She is pushed and passionate about communicating a brand’s design sensibility and visualizing how information can be introduced in artistic and extensive ways. Look at out her LinkedIn profile.